MY TECH SHOP has created this privacy statement to validate our strong commitment towards privacy as per the Australian Privacy Laws, 2014 and Australian Privacy Principles Act 1988.
WHAT WE COLLECT:
For our ease, we collect customer’s:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
As soon as we collect any Personal Information, we inform you with the following:
- our identity and contact details;
- purpose of collecting the information;
WHAT WE DO WITH THE GATHERED INFORMATION:
To understand your needs in better ways and for following reasons;
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- To periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- To make use of your information for market research purpose. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We commit that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have aligned with physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect via online channels.
Bank Account Details:
MY TECH SHOP may fulfil cashback promotions via electronic funds transfer (“EFT”). We will ask customers to enter their bank account numbers into our systems using the SSL secure encrypted technologies. Bank account numbers are stored in encrypted format, and after six months EFT deposits are processed, all associated bank account numbers are automatically deleted from our systems.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps to analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website to cater customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically
accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we are NOT responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. Any damaged caused through the links of other website, MY TECH SHOP is not held liable or responsible.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for a click box which indicates that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purpose and you no longer want it then you can write or emailing us.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are permitted by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting only if you are willing to get it.
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please call us 1300 138 600 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct information identified to be incorrect.